Monday, January 19, 2009

Breakthrough Fasting & Prayer

January 16, 2009 (Day Thirteen)

Today you are more than half way to your destination of twenty-one days of Breakthrough Fasting & Prayer. Personally, today is the first day I have become weary with this progression. Then I realized this is a normal feeling. Fasting is a process of death. Dying first to our physical will that so easily dominates our daily routines so we can uncover what our spiritual desires really are. There can be no equality when it comes to a proposed coexistence of our flesh and our spirit. One side is always dominate. Romans 8:5 defines the two choices this way, “For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.”

This particular season of fasting has caused me to revisit the obvious. You and I are going to experience death. I have spent so much of my time concerned with my fleshly existence. It took these past thirteen days of fasting to bring me face to face with the truth of Romans 8:6, “For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.” When my flesh is willfully diminished through fasting, my spirit can govern my life under the spiritual laws of God. Romans 8:7, verifies this for us, “Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.” Romans 8:8, reminds me of the reason I chose to fast, “So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.”

Your spirit will grow rapidly when the dominate nature of the flesh is placed in a secondary position. Romans 8:9-10 is your promise today, “But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.” We are fasting to break through the barriers of our flesh. We are fasting to receive the blessings inherent in a spirit-led life. Romans 8:11 proposes that blessing to us in this manner, “But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.”

Send me your testimony of deliverance and breakthrough. Email it to me at pastor@clfn.org. I can’t wait to hear what God has done for you. I am standing with you in faith today for every breakthrough you desire in God!

Numbers 6:24-26 “The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.”

Blessings & Peace,

PG

Connect, Commit, and Continue! Connect to the divine flow of impartation found in the storehouse of Community Life Fellowship. Commit to loyalty in Christian service through the ministry of Community Life Fellowship. Continue in the quest for Bible-based foundations of Kingdom Purpose and personal evangelism that are the fundamental works of Community Life Fellowship.

All scriptural references unless noted otherwise are from the New King James version of the Bible.

No comments: