Monday, January 5, 2009

Breakthrough Fasting & Prayer

January 5, 2009 (Day Two)


I believe that Holy Spirit has given me three words for our lives as we enter 2009. The words are Connect, Commit, and Continue! Throughout this twenty-one day journey of Breakthrough Fasting & Prayer I will be referencing these words as they grow in my spirit.


Do our lives revolve around God? Or, have we placed God in a fixed orbit around us? This fast is about recognizing the barriers that have been placed in our lives that can so easily, “and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man.” (Romans 1:23 NKJ)


One of the primary things in my own personal life that I am identifying as a barrier to my spiritual growth today is the complacency with which I approach the things of God. Can you see that in your own life? Have our lives becomes so hectic that God has become just another piece of the puzzle we have to put together everyday just to survive? Without even thinking, we take the responsibility to make everything revolve around us, even God! What has happened to, “…for in Him we live and move and have our being…” (Acts 17:28 NKJ)


God is the source of life! He is not just a piece of my life. He is explained in John 1:4, “ In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.” God is not just an object in my life that I illuminated when crises strikes. My very existence is dependent on His illumination in me. John 8:12 makes this even more clear when Jesus says, “Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” Without God I cannot exist! He has been, and will continue to be, with or without me! Without a conscience effort on my part to make everything in my life submit to God, barriers begin to form that segregate God away from who I am.


How foolish is the attempt to make God submit to everything in my life. The barrier of my personal idolatry must be torn down. I must breakthrough my humanistic mindset that exalts my experiences above God’s sovereignty! Let’s break that barrier now by quoting 2 Corinthians 10:4-5, “ For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ…”


There is a blessing waiting for you when you breakthrough the barrier of a humanistic mindset that exalts you above God. Read this aloud, “Isaiah 64:4-5 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen any God besides You, who acts for the one who waits for Him. You meet him who rejoices and does righteousness, who remembers You in Your ways…”


This is what your breakthrough has brought you today: If you acknowledge God as the only God, and complete source of your life and existence, He acts, moves, or intervenes for you. And, if you remember God with rejoicing and righteousness, God meets with you in every moment!


Pray this with me now, “God, you are my God! I submit my mind, my experiences, my intellect, and my fears to You. I declare that you are God over all and Lord of my life. I connect myself today to the absolute truth of your reality and commit to the paths of righteousness found in Your Word. I will continue in this declaration every day with faith and rejoicing! In Jesus Name, Amen!”


Numbers 6:24-26 (NKJ) “The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.”


Blessings & Peace,

PG


Connect, Commit, and Continue! Connect to the divine flow of impartation found in the storehouse of Community Life Fellowship. Commit to loyalty in Christian service through the ministry of Community Life Fellowship. Continue in the quest for Bible-based foundations of Kingdom Purpose and personal evangelism that are the fundamental works of Community Life Fellowship.

No comments: