Tuesday, April 22, 2008

March 1, 2008

March 1, 2008

“What’s in it for me?” Have you ever asked that question before? I think maybe we all ask that everyday of our lives. No one ever asked it better than David in 1 Samuel 17:26, “And David spake to the men that stood by him, saying, What shall be done to the man that killeth this Philistine, and taketh away the reproach from Israel? for who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?” Let me ask you a question, “When is it not okay to ask for the reward of service?

Paul’s letter in Philippians 3:14 makes a bold statement regarding this subject, “I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” Really our entire Christian expereince is the result of a revelation of eternity, and the reward salvation promises regarding it.

Start asking, “What’s in it for me!”

No comments: