Tuesday, April 22, 2008

February 23, 2008

February 23, 2008
It’s Saturday morning and this is what I know right now in the early morning fog that surrounds my first waking moments. “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.” (Hebrews 13: So, even though it will be thirty minutes before I have complete functionality of my cognitive motor skills, Jesus is here now and He will be there when I get it all moving in one direction! Here’s the question that arises out of all of this deep contemplation, “How did God hold it all together last night while I slept?”

I mean really, after all, I am so completely in control of every aspect of my life that I was wondering if I should forgo sleep in an effort to be sure God won’t be over worked through the night shift? Sounds crazy doesn’t it? Believe me, it is just as crazy to try and usurp that kind of control during the waking hours also! Whether we believe it or not, God is going to do just fine as God. He has eternity to prove that He can handle it! In fact God declares His ability Himself in Isaiah 46:9-10, “Remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure.”

This weekend why not give yourself a break and let God run everything out of the sovereignty of His will and purpose for a couple of days, or how about the rest of your life. 2 Timothy 1:12 is our declaration for today, “for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.”

Blessings and peace be upon you. Be sure you are in a Spirit-filled, Bible believing Church this weekend. You can see my sermon live this Sunday at 10:30 AM by visiting our website at http://www.communitylifefellowship.org.

No comments: