Tuesday, April 22, 2008

February 22, 2008

February 22, 2008

Most of us have heard the cliché, “When things get tough, you find out what you are made of!” I’ve got a better idea for you today, “Find out what you are made of before you face tough times and the tough times won’t matter!” You are not the result of what you can handle! Meeting the fluctuating expectations of someone’s standardized academic evaluation does not define you! You are the living, breathing, purposed, exhibition of God’s intent. What you are made of, the substance of who and what you are, is the same elements that created everything you see and then gave you dominion over it! Let me show you what you are made of!

Genesis 1:26 give us the first statement of our origin, and His intent regarding us, “And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness and let them have dominion…” God purposed you! His intent was to create you and I, and that’s what He did! But how did He do that? In Genesis 1:27 we see the fulfillment of God’s intent, “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.” You and I were made in the likeness and image of God. We were fashioned as He is! Intricately formed by His own hands, molded in a fleshly model. Delicately shaped with divine design. Psalm 139:14 gives us more detail, “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works…” You are the product of eternal purpose, set in a human environment, as a supernatural access point. You are made out of eternity! You are made out of the supernatural! You are made out of the indestructible will of God!

Romans 7:22-25 gives us deeper look at the revelation of who and what you are. I have added in bold italics what I hear my spirit crying as I read these words, “For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: (Something I was created out of, on the inside of me, has the innate ability to find pleasure and peace in the order of God’s universal law)

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. (I have this intuitive spiritual knowledge and delight of God’s order, but I am constantly living in restraint by the limitations of this human environment)

O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? (Is there any hope of me overcoming the shackles of my flesh to live in divine flow and supernatural order)
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. (My uninhibited exit from this dichotomy is Jesus Christ)

So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin (I allow my spirit to lead my intellect with divine impartation and all my mistakes or deficiencies are the result of yielding to a lesser nature).”
Let’s look at 1 Corinthians 2:9-16 in the same format, “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. (There is a written record of our long struggle to comprehend the purposed intent of God to those who were created by Him)
But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: (But these things are not a secret to the supernatural nature we have inside of us)
for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. (By giving our full attention to the Spirit we can actually know how all of the pieces fit together in the daily scheme of our lives)
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. (We have to make a minute by minute decision to assimilate the information that is being input into our daily lives into the Spirit first. Doing so will automatically separate the temporal from the eternal)

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. (We were made out of eternal wisdom which is accessible from within through the Holy Spirit. God has already endowed us with everything we will ever need. God has already prepared us for everything we will ever face. We are not waiting to go through something to find out what we are. What we are made of is waiting to manifest supernatural power and strength to what is coming our way)
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. (This is what we are talking about in the Spirit when we preach and teach through the power of the Holy Spirit. We must stop trying to identify God through our natural circumstances. We must identify our natural circumstances through the Spirit and then we will see it for what it really is; an access point for the Spirit to effect divine impartation)

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (Every time we attempt to understand God through this world system our flesh lives in, we are wasting time. Living a Spirit-led life requires a total commitment to the Holy Spirit for all direction)
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.” (We can discern the path and purpose of everything in our lives and remain a mystery to those who reject a Spirit-led life. While everyone questions the ability to understand what God’s will actually is, we can access the creative power that we were created by, and be Spirit-led into peace, prosperity, purpose and power)

These are just a few of the thoughts I as having this morning. Blessings and peace be upon you today. You are not what others think of you. You are the Righteousness of God in Christ! Nothing you face or go through, tough or easy, good or bad, high or low, will ever change that!

No comments: