Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Who Is Jesus To You?

This week we are in our Breakthrough Fasting & Prayer. Our ministry engages in seven days of consecration each month beginning on the first Sunday of the month. One of the areas of revelation God is speaking to us about this week is on the subject of His identity. Matthew 16:13-19, records the dialogue Jesus has with His Disciples on the topic. He asks two questions. The first is, “Who do men say that I am?” Jesus wanted to hear from His Disciples what the common perception of Him was, by the people they had seen and ministered to. Jesus’ question is really, “What are people saying about me?” The answer was a variety of past influences that people were identifying Jesus with. How much of our perception of Jesus is based on our past influences?

Look now at the second question Jesus asked in Matthew 16, “Who do you say that I am?” The revelation of the Holy Spirit to us this week is found in this question, “Who is Jesus to you right now?” How are you recognizing God in your life? God proclaims in Exodus 3:6, “…I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob…”! He was collectively their God, but He was known of each of them in individual terms, in many different ways. I can say that while I understand what those who have gone before me say about God, and how awesome their experiences are, it cannot compare to the mighty way He has revealed Himself to me!

You and I have an incredible opportunity to experience a revelation of Jesus Christ like we have never seen Him before. This is a good day for us to start over with a fresh slate of faith! Make a new commitment to consecrate ourselves to God through fasting and prayer. There is something about Him that He wants to show that we cannot see without separating ourselves for a season and giving Him our undivided attention. The depths of God are never opened casually. Psalm 42:7, reveals this mystery, “Deep calls unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts…”!

A supernatural invitation into the deep things of God can only be issued from a deep place of intentional consecration. What is it worth to us to know the mysteries of Jesus? Jesus said we can know these mysteries in Mark 4:11, “…unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables…” When you and I and unplugged from the secular humanism that permeates our lives we will hear that invitation. Ephesians 1:9 gives us the promise that God has, “made known unto us the mystery of his will…” You and I are being offered the opportunity to experience God in the same fashion as the first Church. This invitation is referenced in Colossians 1:26 as, “the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints.”

I realize how radical it must seem to commit a concentrated effort on a monthly basis of fasting and prayer for seven days. I can assure you this did not come flippantly, or of my own desires. Before this year began in January, I had not made a priority out of fasting. The occasional one or three day fast, a couple of times each year was plenty for me. But early in the Spring of last year I began to hear a call from the Spirit to receive revelation by radical faith. That call was answered and followed by radical life changes that demanded a total abandonment of everything that did not have an explicit ministry purpose.

Today, I can tell you that I have seen the “Fields of Plenty” just over the horizon of the swirling, muddy, torrential waters of this passage God has called me to make. I have witnessed the attack and defeat of multiple demonic assaults. What I am asking you to do now is too make this crossing with me. I can’t lead you where I am not willing to go. I am asking you to embrace Hebrews 4:11 as we, “labor therefore to enter into that rest…” There is a remnant people who are answering the call of the deep. Join that remnant people today!
You may view the two daily services at www.communitylifefellowship.org. Morning Manna is broadcast at 6:30 AM, CST. The Evening Sacrifice is broadcast live at 7:00 PM, CST.

No comments: